10. MYTH: If I join the PTA, I'll be sucked into volunteering.
FACT: The PTA appreciates all members, not just members who volunteer.
9. MYTH: Only Moms join the PTA.
FACT: A strong PTA needs the support of all parents, mothers, fathers, and those who fill those roles. We also welcome grandparents, family members, teachers, and staff. Anyone who cares about the children at Cider Mill!
8. MYTH: I don't have time.
FACT: YOU decide how much time you can give. If you are unable to volunteer your time, please consider giving your financial support and help fund activities for the children throughout the year.
7. MYTH: It's always the same people every year and everyone knows each other.
FACT: While we are fortunate to have dedicated volunteers who return, we also welcome new ones every year. We strike up friendships and enjoy getting to know one another.
6. MYTH: My child's life will be the same whether I join or not.
FACT: Your membership shows your child that you are interested in their educational experience. Research has shown that when families and schools work together, children tend to do better in school, stay in school longer, and like school more.
5. MYTH: You have to be free during the school day to volunteer.
FACT: Yes, there is volunteering during the school day, but much of the PTA work can be done from home on your own schedule, or at evening and weekend events. Choose what works best for you!
4. MYTH: They don't need my help.
FACT: The PTA always needs volunteers! We welcome everyone and continue to need volunteers for events, fundraisers, and committees year round. We need you!
3. MYTH: The PTA is only for stay at home parents.
FACT: PTA members are people like you who want to support the kids and the school! We have members who stay at home, work part time, work fulltime, and are in school.
2. MYTH: If I go to a meeting, I'll have to volunteer to do something.
FACT: Sure, there will be opportunities to get involved, but no pressure. If you choose to volunteer, you decide your time commitment. Any help you can offer is greatly appreciated!
1. MYTH: PTA Membership never expires - I already joined once.
FACT: Each new school year begins a new PTA Membership year! Join now! The membership form is on the back.
Please complete and return the Membership Form to help make our school great!