Middlebrook Science and Engineering Far
Time to Explore! There is still time to take part in the 2021-22 Middlebrook Science & Engineering Fair!
Review projects with teachers by 11/12 and enter by 11/19.
Working on a project is a fun and creative way to spend time exploring an interest. The Science Fair is a fun event where students can share ideas and projects and enjoy an exciting engineering demonstration. Participants will be eligible for awards and all will also receive a limited edition Science Fair T-Shirt.
A project could be a question you do not know the answer to, or a problem that needs to be solved. The projects are categorized into two groups: Life & Physical Sciences, or Engineering.
Students may enter the Fair individually or in teams of two. 6th graders can team up with other 6th graders only. 7th and 8th graders can team up together.
● If it is a Life Science or Physical Science experiment, students identify a question, establish a hypothesis as to what the answer might be, and think of how to test that hypothesis scientifically. Note that no animal subjects are permitted. After performing the tests, recording and evaluating the results, students present their findings to a judge at the Fair.
● If it is an Engineering project, students define a need, or something that could be improved upon, and come up with ideas (design criteria) on how to achieve it. Students prepare a design, build a prototype, and test it under different conditions. Finally, students present their prototype and results to a judge at the Fair.
Here are some past projects: Past Projects & Idea Resources.docx.pdf
1. Work with your science teacher to obtain approval for the project. Teachers must approve the project. Teachers help review your project to guide you in forming your hypothesis and scientific process so that you are off and running with a fun and achievable project!
2. Students fill out the online Registration & Approval Form, which can be saved and re-opened. This form serves as registration for the Fair, as well as formal approval from the science teacher. This step also includes an electronic parental permission form which a parent must sign in order for students to participate. Due date for submission is Thursday, November 24th, 2021.
3. Use these resources to plan your project.
4. The date of the Science & Engineering Fair is Tuesday, January 25th, 2022. (Snow Date: Thursday, January 27th, 2022)
More information: https://www.middlebrookpta.org/science-fair
Sponsored by the Wilton Education Foundation and Middlebrook PTA.
The PTA's mission is to make every child’s potential a reality by engaging and empowering families and communities to advocate for all children.